Kanada• He discovered that atoms couldn’t be broken up, and made smaller, and that once they are there, they cannot go, and can’t be destroyed.
• Each atom is different
• Atoms make up water, fire, air, and earth
• And that the atoms are joined and combined by the will of Ishvara which is a Hindu, God
• He was born in 200 BC
• He was from India
No date again.
Aristotle• Aristole beilived that there were only 4 elements. Fire, water, air, and earth.
• And that the amount of times you cut that particular matter in half you would always have a smaller piece of matter
• He was born in Stagira, but moved to Athens. (Greece)
• He was born in 384 and died is 322 BCUnsure of the specific date of his birthday. But i had to put in a date and month, so it was picked at random.
Democritus• He believed that atoms are indestructible
• He did no experiments to prove this
• He thinks that the atoms move around in space, and join together to create macroscopic objects.
• He was born in 460 BC in Abdera, Trace and died in 370 BC
Dont know the date of Democritus either.
Empedocles• He was born in 492 BC in Italy
• He died in 432 BC in Greece• He said that all matter is made up of different combinations of substances
• He got the substances wrong, and the forces.
Again no specific date found
• But he still got the right idea, and it lead to further discoveries
Agan no date.
Apr 14, 624
Thales• He was born in 624 BC and died in 546 in Turkey• He discovered that the origin of matter is water• He had a theory about what happened with water. And that was that when it evaporates it becomes air, wind, clouds and rain, and as that rain falls it goes into the ocean.
And no date given for Thales either.
Isaac Newton• He was born on the 25th of December 1642
• And he died on the 20th of March 1727
• He built the first practical reflecting telescope.
• He studied the speed of sound
• He discovered that forces held atoms together.He said: "Have not the small Particles of Bodies certain Powers, Virtues, or Forces, by which they act at a distance, not only upon the Rays of Light for reflecting, refracting and inflecting them, but also upon one another for producing a great Part of the Phenomena of Nature?"
Antoine Lavoisier• He was born in 1743 and died in 1794
• He discovered that water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen
• He discovered that chemical elements weren’t created and cant be destroyed
• He discovered that candles that are burning, and humans both exhale carbon dioxide
• He showed that diamonds and graphite were both a type of carbon, he showed that by burning both of them to make carbon dioxide. Again no exact date given.
Robert Brown• He is known for describing the particles, and if they are in a liquid, or gas, or solid formation. Which is called Brownian motion.
• He gave the name to the nucleus. And that if you have one you were classified living. And that it functions the cell. • He was born on the 21st of December, and died on the 10th of June 1858.
• He was born in Scotland.
J Plucker• He was born in 1801 on the 16th of June
• He was the first to experiment with electron rays produced by a vacuum.
• At the time he didn’t know the electrons existed, until his discovery in 1859. Calling the cathode rays.
• He discovered that rays were deflected by magnets
• His discovery made other scientists go mad to extend his discovery.
• He died in 1868
Robert Bunsen• He didn’t invent the bunsen burner, he just improved it. • He was born on 31st of March 1811 in Germany
• He heated elements
• He died on august 16th 1899
John Dalton• He believed that all matter is made up of atoms
• They cant be created or destroyed
• Atoms that are the same element are identical
• Different elements have different types of elements
• You can tell the difference of an element by their weight. • A chemical l reaction will occur when atoms are rearranged• He was born on September 6th 1766 in England• He died in July on the 26th 1844
Joesph Joe Thomson• He did 3 experiments. The third one was the one that received his answer.
• He found the basic properties of atoms
• He measured the amount the rays were bent by a magnetic field, and how much energy they carried.
• He was born on the 18th of December in 1856 in England • He died on the 30th of August 1940
Ernest Rutherford• He discovered that the atom has a central positive nucleus, and is surrounded by negative electrons that circle the positive nucleus.
• He thought that the nucleus was the part of the atom the countered for the weight of it, and the rest of the atom was free space
• He was born on the 30th August 1871 in New Zealand and died in Cambridge on the 19th of October in 1937 of a strangulated hernia
• He was the first to split the atom
• He is called the Father of the Nuclear Age
Hans geiger• He was the inventor of the Geiger counter. Which is a type of particle detector.
• It is a metal tube filled with gas, under a low pressure when an alpha particle released from the nucleus of a radioactive atom, it passes through the tube.
• He was given the head of the radioactive laboratories label. • He was born on the 30th of September 1882, and died on the 24th of September 1945. He was born and died in Germany.
Niels Bohr• Niels made a model of the positive nucleus being circled by the negative electrons.
• the energy of the orbit, depends on its size. For example, an atom with a low energy will be small. And viser versa
• He was born on the 7th of October 1885 in Denmark • He died on the 18th of November 1962